View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:10 PM

oh boy.

its simple Prince Phillip married the Queen. The Queen was born to the british royal famaly and thus Phillip is the "prince" as well as God only really knows how many other titles. But to answer why it is so that we all know that the Queen out ranks her husband.

Spouces of monarchs ARE not of equle rank to the blood line. A Queen is not equle to a king unless there is no king, Queen is in essance the title given to the mother of the next in line to the thown. Queen Mother is the title given to whomever is in charge of the country. (don't get me started on the simantics)

The rank of raining monarch goes to the eldest son through male decendants to the eldest female. If all die, abdicate or whatever it then falls to the uncle OR the direct children (unless the "whatever" has something to do with blood line then it defauts back to the preivous kings Brother.)

hope that clears things up for you.

What? You guys dont' recognise me? I'm the guy that never posts, only reads.

Darth Vader:- "Let us just say it may involve a fishing trip with a large crane, a sarlacc pit, a welding implement, imagination and several weeks of quality time with my Son-in-law"

Last edited by Dragon Frost; 05-11-2007 at 01:18 PM. Reason: can't spell and clarity (should have used the preview function)