Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 04:31 AM
You just activated his Trek card

It seems weird that just after I posted about She Drives Me Crazy the musak at the store I work at started broadcasting the real song as part of the Valentine's season. (And of course Weird Al did a parody, but I don't have that album, I'm fuzzy on his early work).

Oh well, might as well do a roundup of love songs...

A Letter to Hayley. I still think that Hayley Mills deserved more fame than she got.

Love Story. I first encountered this through a Betty and Veronica AMV. I really should look deeper into Taylor Swift's discography one of these days.

My Life Would Suck Without You, Riker/Troi style. Have I posted this one yet?

I Love The Whole World/The World is Just Awesome. Who says love has to be between people? I love lots of places and experiences. Boom de yada...

This Kiss. Faith Hill's another artist whose discography I should further explore...

She's My Girl. I've been a fan of lipsynchORswim's Lehrer lipsynchs for awhile (I don't think lipsynchORswim was even his YouTube handle when I discovered him, it's been well over a decade...)

The Way You Look Tonight. I'm pretty sure I've posted the Astaire version somewhere in here, so here's Frank Sinatra (Don't let anyone tell you that Frank is better than Fred at this song, but that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile).

Till There Was You. A rare cover made by the Beatles. Listen if only for the pronunciation of "saw" as "sawr."

Jason Manford covers "Hushabye Mountain" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Parental love can be just as powerful as romantic love, isn't it?

All I Do is Dream of You, covered by Doris Day. She certainly puts her own spin on the song. Rats, another singer I should research more. I still know her more as an actress than a singer.

Cheek to Cheek, another Frank Sinatra cover of Fred Astaire. How many of these did he do?

As Long as You Love Me. I'm not ashamed to say that I liked a few songs from the boy band era. Not necessarily "good" music, but always FUN music.

Head Over Feet. It's ironic that Alanis is more than just "Ironic", right? Ugh, maybe I should leave the jokes to Ed Byrne...

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.