View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 08:55 PM
You just activated his Trek card

The Fiver

Sakkath: (waves) We're the ambassador's aides. We always beam aboard first to ensure that nobody annoys Sarek during his stay here. He's an old man, and as such is easily annoyed by kids on skateboards and the like.

I wonder what the punchline would be these days. The fiver was published in 2004. That's before iPhones even existed. How did we survive without Twitter or YouTube?

Sarek: You call this a slime pit? And the walls are too bright. And the furniture too "2350s". And--

Egads, the days of Pike? Burn, Sarek, burn!

Perrin: (Thanks for changing the concert last minute)
Picard: (No problem; none of us like the "La La Lojix" either.)

When I do a source for "La la Logix" all I get is the fiver (which is also on TrekToday for some reason). Explanation, IJD GAF? A typo?

Crusher: ....and then, Wesley and I broke into a round of "your mother" jokes. For some reason or another, he won.

"Your mother jokes"? I thought they were "Yo' momma", or "Yer mum" in Britain.

Memory Alpha

* The "don't reference TOS" rule was still in effect, so it took a lot of work to slip "Spock" into the dialogue the one time.
* First appearance of Ensign Gates, who would man CONN for 46 episodes. Yikes.
* Ronald Moore thought this episode was better than "Journey to Babel." Ha ha ha. Keep telling yourself that, Ron.

Nitpicker's Guide

* Why wouldn't Lwaxana's phase in "Manhunt" create more havok than Sarek here, given the differences between Betazoid and Vulcan telepathy?
* Wouldn't one of the other Vulcans on board be a better fit than Picard for the mindmeld? Then again, in the second volume Phil notes that the extreme emotions would be distasteful for the Vulcans on board.
* Sarek and Perrin are holding hands when they beamed out. Wouldn't the two beams cause trouble? I refute this saying that we've seen instances of the transporter pads linking up to transport larger objects. In particular I can think of the Bringloidi in "Up the Long Ladder."
* A part of the Mozart concert is actually a Brahms piece. Oops.
* Sarek forgets to give the Vulcan salute upon boarding the ship. I think you can chalk that one up to his condition.
* The slime pit is 150 degrees Celsius, which is over 300 degrees Farenheit. How are our crew just wandering around in there? Are there forcefields around the pits?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.