View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 03:14 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I am a Nintendo fan, have been since the days of Mario 3 and Star Tropic. In fact, I decided a long time ago that I'll only have Nintendo consoles, no matter how flashy Playstation and Xbox may be.

I also love Zelda. I fived OOT because I love it.

I was insinuating that "Nintendo quality" might be a joke because ... I knew I had a reason ...

Well, for one thing, I recently read about the batteries on older Gameboy games going dead after awhile and having to pry the cart open to replace it, something that was clearly never intended to happen. You'd think that even then there was such a thing as solid state data storage akin to jump drives.

Oh, and I was wandering around some N64 games lately and I guess I was getting ticked at all of the shortcuts I was seeing. You know, sheets of 2D grass sticking up like fans someone stuck in the ground. In Mario Party fists that are clearly cubes. Reading about all that extra stuff in Goldeneye that was never finished, so they set up cheap blocks and removed the direct trigggers for them, but left the data itself so that hackers could mess around with it. Heaven forbid they clean up the code.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.