View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:02 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

I can't believe I've taken so long to step in here. I noticed the problem when it started, so why the hell didn't I post? I have got to get into the habit of answering threads, emails, and such right away....

Folks, brainstorming about merchandise is fine and dandy, but I wasn't offering merchandise. It's not something I can do right off the bat. I've explained why I'm not going to use CafePress, so T-shirts and such -- which I do intend to make, especially since there's clearly interest -- will have to wait until I have the time to get things set up. The reason I started this Fivers on Commission thread is that it's something I can do right away.

So after Easter I'll decide on the prices and roll out FoC. (I can't do it till then; this week I'm proctoring and marking two exams, and Easter's right after that.) I'll start seriously looking into merchandise possibilities, and maybe over the summer we can get that going, but right now FoC is my best option for making money from 5M.net.

(Since we now have two threads, let's use the poll thread for merchandise discussion, and this one for its original purpose.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability
This topic needs a jumpstart, at least until Zeke starts making some money. Maybe we can pay him to not have week-long April Fool's Jokes anymore :roll: :lol:
Hey. Week-long April Fool's jokes are a tradition here, and if there's one thing I know -- and there isn't -- it's that you don't mess with traditions. Just be glad it wasn't another Zuke takeover. I don't think he'd have stopped at six weeks this time.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction