View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 04:45 PM
You just activated his Trek card

I think that that's a universal. I refer you to the quote that started this whole thing off. If the other person wasn't a good friend, you'd never say, "Yes, you can ask a stupid question, and I think history will bear me out on that."

We hear so many loaded-bullet questions that good humor really is the only way to deal with it. "What's wrong with me?" comes to mind. The number of times that an honest answer is wanted must be below ten percent.

Here's a subcategory: what hand or facial gesture would you like to make if you could ever pull it off? On a show (maybe more than one) a character got rid of an annoying idiot by shaking an open fist as though there was a ball in there, then "throwing" the "ball" off into the distance so that the idiot would follow it and go away. I've long wanted to do something of that sort, but I've never met someone that dumb.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.