View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatac View Post
The Shatnerverse novels ROCK. By that I don't mean "exceptional quality" (though they are pretty good), but that they're real rollercoaster, edge-of-your-seat action in the Trek universe.

I love them with all my heart, but I find it hard to reconcile the -quite frankly - bada$$ crews from the books with what we see on the screen. (Though Nemesis Picard makes a good start when he orders ramming speed...)

Gatac
lol. They are a little wimpy sometimes on the show. A friend of mine said he's surprised that some of the crew didn't faint when Riker said 'Bastard' on Insurrection. I mean, thats really angry for Star Trek. Past the punning (for Janeway) and shaking voice (For Sisko). When they say that - wow you know that commander is pissed off!

Infinite Improbability, don't you remember all the Cannons in the books? The Cannon to the left of them...Cannon to the right of them.....
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------