View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:37 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I can't help but smirk at the "just wait until next year! PS3 is going to eat the Revolution for breakfast then!" mentality. I'm quite frankly curious about how many PS3 sales are driven by the desire for Blu-Ray players that can do other stuff, too. After all, I do believe that I've read that backwards compatiblity for the PS3 is actually DECREASING as newer models are chucking expensive hardware necessary for proper compatibility in leiu of software upgrades. "Just wait a few months and we'll get your compatibility back!" seems to be a common statement by Sony.

Of course, just today I was reading about how some common sentiments about the Wiimote either result in games being to easy or too hard.

The Gamecube lost the war because A. no DVD playback B. smaller disks mean less content C. people are fickle. The other day I was reading an article written by a gamer who's getting a little ticked off that so much of the nextgen games are being designed from a "let's focus on high-tech graphics instead of plot and replayability" point of view. That's one reason why the Revolution is winning. After all, it's hardly the highdef king. It's the playability, the fun factor as it were, that wins gaming wars in the end. Consider that I play Tetris and Mario 3, STILL. Why? The fun factor. You can get immersed in it. From what I've heard, the Revolution has a fun factor that PS3 can't hope to have.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.