View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

I think the thing with the PS3 can be traced right back to the days of the original PS, of which even I, a technosceptic (once I have any piece of tech/software I usually love it, but initially I almost invariably look askance at it, and umm and ahh and try to poke as many holes as possible, and complain about how it's all too complicated, or they changed things too much, and how it wasn't like this in the old days. And then 6 months later I'll dig it out and love it. The one exception was the KotOR series, which from the word "go" I thought was great. Whew, what a long bracket...), had.

Back then, quite simply, the PSX won hands down. What competition was there? The Dreamcast? Don't make me laugh. The N64? What did it have beyond Goldeneye? Sure, it had Mario; the PSX had Crash Bandicoot, which was new, shiny, and above all, self-mocking. Mario racing? PSX had enough racing to slake anyone's thirst. And it looked better, and used CDs, which was somehow cooler than those naff-looking cartridges. It was the one, and we were fiercely loyal to it. Sony had done right by us, not like the second-rate N64, or the frankly laughable Dreamcast (what happened to that thing?!).

And then there was PS2. And I thought "sod that, I'm not paying £250 bloody quid for that. And the consoles passed me by. It didn't for others though, and sure, Sony had cut a few corners, so what? It was still a decent console, even if most of the really great games were just continuations of PSX games.

And now there's PS£, and it's a double-dealing, dirty-fighting fraud. But it's theirs, and theirs that loyalty, all the way back from then, and the memories.

That's what I think, anyway.

And also, Nintendo games are frankly, bloody annoying. Always have been. Always just too difficult, just beyond the point of being challenging. And repetitive, and tended, at least in the old days (by which I mean, Game Boy/GBC/NES/SNES/N64), to have the most annoying soundtracks possible.

If you want to know what I mean, play Super Mario Land 2. It would drive anyone mad, it really, really would.
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!