View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability View Post
1. What do you think really happened to the Xindi in the hundred years before Kirk? Are they still there and we just never saw one, or were they assimilated by the Borg when no one was looking, or what?
What happened to Andorians during TNG and later beyond a few passing mentions? Either Xindi became reclusive or they joined the Federation quietly. Maybe none of them were especially keen on joining Starfleet.

Quote:
2. Do you prefer Mark One Assimilation (beam you away and insert implants manually and probably surgically) or Mark Two Assimilation (inject you with nanoprobes and manufacture implants using metal from hammerspace)? As a plot device, I mean, not as the way you'd prefer to be assimilated.
Well, technically, there's just one kind. They inject you with nanoprobes, and then later they add metal stuff. But assimilation did seem to go a lot differently as time progressed. Like many things about the Borg.

Quote:
3. Can you think of a reason why Andorians' antennae never moved in TOS? Was it bred out of the genepool, or is it a trick that only certain Andorians can do, akin to wiggling ears?
See question 10.

Quote:
4. Regardless of the way the dictionary says it, do you prefer "few-tile" or "few-till?"
I say it either way. I also say either either way.

Quote:
5. Do you think Voyager really had an aero-shuttle? Why didn't they use it? Was it in the plans but never made, or were some crucial parts going to arrive "next Tuesday" and Janeway had to leave with an incomplete ship because of the Maquis threat?
Don't really know much about an "aero-shuttle." Sorry.

Quote:
6. Is it really reasonable that there are only X torpedoes on Voyager? Surely they can replicate casings and trade for antimatter with other spacefaring races, right?
I'd think so, though of course in a crunch time, you can't quite pop them out of nowhere. And perhaps you couldn't refine the antimatter (if that makes sense) as well on a ship as you could at a facility.

Quote:
7. Would you have prefered Ro Laren to have starred on DS9 instead of Kira, as was in the original plans?
No.

Quote:
8. Are you a Wesley/Lefler shipper?
My shippiness in general is set to a very low level. I don't care who hooks up with who.

Quote:
9. You think Captain Bateson was still in command of the Bozeman in First Contact, or was he swapping drinks with Scotty on Wrigley's Pleasure Planet?
It was Bateson on the Bozeman. I'm just sure of it.

Quote:
10. Do you disregard all mention of lasers and lithium crystals and Vulcanians and time-warp factors in the early episodes of TOS, or do you think that they really were in a transition period in the mid-2260s?
The first one.

Quote:
11. Those STTMP uniforms really did stink, didn't they?
Yes.

Quote:
12. You think that Commodore is still a valid rank in the 24th century?
Apparently not, or else we'd've seen them.

Quote:
13. Should Picard have retired to serve as Commandant of Starfleet Academy and given the Enterprise to Riker a long time ago? I think so.
No, Riker should have had his own command a long time ago. Really, he should have had it during BoBW, but certainly by First Contact.

Quote:
14. You think Riker's ticked off that Janeway made Admiral before he did? They are in the same class, you know.
Riker's been standing still as a Commander for a very long time. Too long.

Quote:
15. You really think it would've been an "unheroic dead" if Soran had just shoot Kirk in the back, like it was originally shot?
Don't know. Would have to see it.

Quote:
16. If there was one Trek game that Paramount decided to market in real life, which game? Taking out Fizzbin as insanely complicated, would you prefer Parrises Squares, Kalto, Anbo-jytsu, Tongo, Dabo, what?
3D chess.