View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijdgaf View Post
Begging the question much? I thought they were fine. There was more differentiation between departments than any other uniform before or since. It's too cool to hate on TMP. Flawed, sure. But no more or less so than the other Trek films.
This statement is obviously not directed at me. Therefore I must defend myself.

I actually like TMP a lot. It's a good movie, and I will never say otherwise, but it is not without its faults. One of those flaws, in my opinion, is the uniforms. They were too bland. Instead of taking the extreme of TOS, where the uniform colors were bright-red, bright-yellow, and bright-blue, they decided to run to the other end and have many different colored uniforms, all variations on ecru. I appreciate the attempt, but I think the colors should have been a bit more contrasting for the audience's sake.

Of course, their next attempt was to remove practically all uniform distinctions, so what do I know?

Having now successfully defended my TMP-cred, which was probably never in danger to being with, I return to the mists of the internet.