View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 05:02 AM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

1) Xindi 1: This sucks!
Xindi 2: Yeah!
Xindi 1: Let's get tacos!
Xindi 2: Yeah, tacos!

Pity that the next taco stand was deep in Borg territory.

2) Mark 2, atleast insofar as it immobilizes the victim much quicker and is more visually impressive - it *looks* far more high tech. Sure, manual implants are much more plausible, but I don't care.

3) *wiggles ears* What do you think?

4) Few-tile 4 life, homie.

5) I like the "just a cover installed" theory - otherwise, I guess it's plausible that they thought it wasn't suited to their mission and dismantled it for spare parts, then later purpose-built the Delta Flyer to take its position.

6) Since I like the "replicators can do a lot, even manufacture shuttles", I'm thinking that the limiting factor was some complicated part in the electronics that they had to figure out how to manufacture first. I've read some theories that shuttles can be replicated except for the warp coils, and I figure the warp sustainer engine on a torpedo has similar problems. They either figured that out or went "Screw that, we need torpedos, build them without it." Anyone ever counted the torpedos fired at warp? Those could, presumably, be only the 40 or so Voyager came with if they saved them for those kinda situations.

7) Somewhat. I found Kira very annoying until she mellowed out a bit, and I have a feeling they wouldn't have written Ro that way and later gone much the same route. However, Kira was also supposed to be annoying, so seeing her come around to being a Federation fanbabe does count as character development...No strong feelings either way, I guess.

8) Definately. The more they fall in love, the less screentime Wesley gets. (Or maybe he finally grows up a bit.)

9) Still in command. Starfleet captains are notoriously hard to convince to retire...even if they do, they have a tendency to come back for more. As long as he's got a pulse, he's the Cap'n!

10) Disregard.

11) I can't actually think of an uniform design I really liked, except perhaps the Enterprise jumpsuits. Everything else doesn't look very...uniformy to me. Then again, the best idea they ever had was putting Troi in a "proper" uniform. Clearly someone understood that you can cover up more and still come out sexier.

Uh, but about TMP: I don't know. They mildly annoy me, I guess.

12) I like the sound of it, but I don't think you can legitimately call anyone Commodore who hasn't ever been on a ship with sails.

(Hm, Commodore Picard...)

13) Picard is clearly in the "lessons learned from Kirk" department: Never give up the ship. As for Riker, he's got the frakkin Titan now.

(As an aside, I would've washed Riker out a long time ago for refusing promotions like that. It's a wonder he made Captain at all. Certainly wouldn't have given him the Enterprise.)

14) He's got nobody to blame but himself. He clearly had offers for a Captain's promotion before Voyager started, and Janeway was also pretty fresh there, so it's not like she had a massive headstart. Then again, I don't know if Janeway is to be admired at all here - I think they Kirked her (see 13) to make sure she'd never go off on a tangent again. Sure, it's a promotion, but they can't fire her or risk putting her on another ship, so where do you put her so you can keep an eye on her?

15) If he gets to be somewhat heroic, I wouldn't have minded. The whole movie is a kind of "The bigger they are, the harder they fall" story. I'm far more sore over the pimpslapping of the Ent-D.

(Though I gotta say that the Ent-E is one sweet piece of ship.)

16) 3D chess. I wouldn't mind some Mok'bara dojos, either.

Gatac
- d02 Quotes