View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability View Post
1. What do you think really happened to the Xindi in the hundred years before Kirk? Are they still there and we just never saw one, or were they assimilated by the Borg when no one was looking, or what?
We just never saw one.

Space is big, remember? It was clear that the Xindi were in a fairly out-of-the-way spot. We don't even see all the races who occupy territory immediately adjacent to Federation space in every series.
Quote:
2. Do you prefer Mark One Assimilation (beam you away and insert implants manually and probably surgically) or Mark Two Assimilation (inject you with nanoprobes and manufacture implants using metal from hammerspace)? As a plot device, I mean, not as the way you'd prefer to be assimilated.
I never thought about it much, to be honest.
Quote:
3. Can you think of a reason why Andorians' antennae never moved in TOS? Was it bred out of the genepool, or is it a trick that only certain Andorians can do, akin to wiggling ears?
Probably like the forehead thing.
Quote:
4. Regardless of the way the dictionary says it, do you prefer "few-tile" or "few-till?"
The dictionary gives both. I usually use the latter pronunciation. I imagine it's one of those "depends where you were living when you first heard it" things.
Quote:
5. Do you think Voyager really had an aero-shuttle? Why didn't they use it? Was it in the plans but never made, or were some crucial parts going to arrive "next Tuesday" and Janeway had to leave with an incomplete ship because of the Maquis threat?
I never heard about it until after Voyager had concluded, and consequently don't feel like worrying about it a whole lot.
Quote:
6. Is it really reasonable that there are only X torpedoes on Voyager? Surely they can replicate casings and trade for antimatter with other spacefaring races, right?
The only thing we know is that at X time early on, that's how many there were. Could they have made more? Sure, why not?
Quote:
7. Would you have prefered Ro Laren to have starred on DS9 instead of Kira, as was in the original plans?
I quite liked Ro as a character, but I also quite liked Kira. If having Ro on DS9 means no Kira, then no -- I'm quite happy with what we got.
Quote:
8. Are you a Wesley/Lefler shipper?
The closest I ever got to being a shipper was a feeling of "Yes! About goddamn time!" when Tom and B'Elanna finally got on the same page in "Day of Honor". Wesley/Lefler? Meh. Never thought about it much.
Quote:
9. You think Captain Bateson was still in command of the Bozeman in First Contact, or was he swapping drinks with Scotty on Wrigley's Pleasure Planet?
Really getting into "who cares?" territory for me, here.
Quote:
10. Do you disregard all mention of lasers and lithium crystals and Vulcanians and time-warp factors in the early episodes of TOS, or do you think that they really were in a transition period in the mid-2260s?
Zeke pretty much said it above. Pretty trivial and not to be bothered about.
Quote:
11. Those STTMP uniforms really did stink, didn't they?
The 23rd-century equivalent of leisure suits. I never liked them much.
Quote:
12. You think that Commodore is still a valid rank in the 24th century?
Dunno. What does it say onscreen?
Quote:
13. Should Picard have retired to serve as Commandant of Starfleet Academy and given the Enterprise to Riker a long time ago? I think so.
Naah.
Quote:
14. You think Riker's ticked off that Janeway made Admiral before he did? They are in the same class, you know.
Hope so.
Quote:
15. You really think it would've been an "unheroic dead" if Soran had just shoot Kirk in the back, like it was originally shot?
As stated above, you really can't win, here. Killing Kirk is killing Kirk.
Quote:
16. If there was one Trek game that Paramount decided to market in real life, which game? Taking out Fizzbin as insanely complicated, would you prefer Parrises Squares, Kalto, Anbo-jytsu, Tongo, Dabo, what?
I kinda like kal-toh.

Anbo-jitsu was just silly. "Pugilism while bouncing on a trampoline" had been done years earlier in The Prisoner, anyway.

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)

Last edited by mudshark; 10-19-2006 at 03:49 PM.