View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 10:17 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Oh, yeah, the red uniforms are amongst the best ones in all of Trek. I think we can all agree on this. Totally naval, you can tell one rank from another without craning your neck to stare at the other guy's collar. Plus those boots actually looked like functional boots that you could go traipsing around strange new worlds in.

Can anyone tell me what's so wrong with Riker? For that matter, I've heard people bash Chakotay a lot, too. They're second in command, they are not the stars of their shows. They have to deal with the second-fiddle role consistently.

When it comes to Klingons, I kinda preferred the notion that there were two different dominant races in the Klingon Empire. Maybe the turtle-headed guys from Kronos/Q'onos bumped into the mongol guys from Klinzhai hundreds of years ago, and they just combined forces into one Empire. Remember Klinzhai? It fell into a plot hole years ago, along with Romii. For that matter, maybe smooth-browed Romulans are from Romii and the furrowed-brow Romulans are from Romulus, you never know.

It suddenly occurs to me that the Tal Shiar, the Obsidian Order, and Section 31 really didn't fulfill identical roles. The Tal Shiar is more of a shadow of the military, the Obsidian Order is the shadow of the bureaucracy, and Section 31 is the shadow of the populace.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.