View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 10:41 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability
1. What do you think really happened to the Xindi in the hundred years before Kirk? Are they still there and we just never saw one, or were they assimilated by the Borg when no one was looking, or what?
Like the dinosaurs, they took to hiding behind furniture only to appear when no-one is looking.
Quote:
2. Do you prefer Mark One Assimilation (beam you away and insert implants manually and probably surgically) or Mark Two Assimilation (inject you with nanoprobes and manufacture implants using metal from hammerspace)? As a plot device, I mean, not as the way you'd prefer to be assimilated.
I like the kind where they stick drills in people's eyes.
Quote:
3. Can you think of a reason why Andorians' antennae never moved in TOS? Was it bred out of the genepool, or is it a trick that only certain Andorians can do, akin to wiggling ears?
I can think of a reason. I'm not going to tell the likes of you though.
Quote:
4. Regardless of the way the dictionary says it, do you prefer "few-tile" or "few-till?"
We are the English language. Pronunciation is irrelevant. We will add your phonemic and etymological distintiveness to our own. Resistance is sucky.
Quote:
5. Do you think Voyager really had an aero-shuttle? Why didn't they use it? Was it in the plans but never made, or were some crucial parts going to arrive "next Tuesday" and Janeway had to leave with an incomplete ship because of the Maquis threat?
The original script had it that due to a specification error it was actually constructed from a hardwood, though it was still perfectly usable. However, Robert Beltran insisted that there was only room for one oak yacht on the show, and so the wooden aeroshuttle was quietly consigned to oblivion.
Quote:
6. Is it really reasonable that there are only X torpedoes on Voyager? Surely they can replicate casings and trade for antimatter with other spacefaring races, right?
They only really needed a shell and an engine. The other two components of a photon torpedo are actually a redshirt and an exploding rock, which is much cheaper than all that antimatter malarky and just as effective.
Quote:
7. Would you have prefered Ro Laren to have starred on DS9 instead of Kira, as was in the original plans?
That could have been interesting. It was only later in the series that I started to like Kira. Plus, her and Worf could have gone around making End-D in-jokes the whole time to really irritate the snot out of everyone else.
Quote:
8. Are you a Wesley/Lefler shipper?
Wesley and the Traveler totally had a thing going on. Lefler was just a rebound thing.
Quote:
9. You think Captain Bateson was still in command of the Bozeman in First Contact, or was he swapping drinks with Scotty on Wrigley's Pleasure Planet?
He was actually transferred to Starfleet Intelligence not long after coming into the 24th century. I'll leave you to guess what his motto is.
Quote:
10. Do you disregard all mention of lasers and lithium crystals and Vulcanians and time-warp factors in the early episodes of TOS, or do you think that they really were in a transition period in the mid-2260s?
Actually, that's the true Star Trek for me. It's everything since that I've been having to adjust for.
Quote:
11. Those STTMP uniforms really did stink, didn't they?
Advances in self-cleaning fabrics in the 23rd century meant that washing clothes was no longer necessary, so that statement is entirely incorrect. In 2270 there was a major improvement in the technology that meant the tendency for such garments to tear very easily under certain conditions was entirely removed, and I think we can all agree that that was most certainly a good thing.
Quote:
12. You think that Commodore is still a valid rank in the 24th century?
Commodores are pretty much outdated by that point, so I definitely support Starfleet's decision to rename the rank to Acorn.
Quote:
13. Should Picard have retired to serve as Commandant of Starfleet Academy and given the Enterprise to Riker a long time ago? I think so.
Nonsense. Would Holmes have let Watson take over his detective schtick? It's just inconcievable.
Quote:
14. You think Riker's ticked off that Janeway made Admiral before he did? They are in the same class, you know.
I think the fact that he cultivated a beard way before Janeway ever did speaks volumes, although to be fair Janeway does wear it far better.
Quote:
15. You really think it would've been an "unheroic dead" if Soran had just shoot Kirk in the back, like it was originally shot?
Surely hitting Kirk as he was standing in profile to Soran would have made more sense? Bigger target, and all that.
Quote:
16. If there was one Trek game that Paramount decided to market in real life, which game? Taking out Fizzbin as insanely complicated, would you prefer Parrises Squares, Kalto, Anbo-jytsu, Tongo, Dabo, what?
Fizzbin? Too complicated? Mornington Crescent has been played for hundreds of years, you know, and compared to that Fizzbin is a doddle to learn, so frankly that's a very silly thing to say. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if you started trying to double-jump a Bloomsbury Special widdershins across the Circle Line on the second Tuesday of an even-numbered month, you crazy fool!
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants

Last edited by PointyHairedJedi; 10-19-2006 at 10:43 PM.