View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijdgaf View Post
Ah, that is actually logical.

So if Diana were alive, she and Charles would qualify to be King and Queen?
No - she wasn't of royal blood. I think that's the case, anyway...

@InfImp: Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Fiji (I think), Malta (I think), Gibraltar (pretty certain), The Falklands (damned certain), possibly India and Pakistan, technically all Normandy [in reality, the Channel Islands only], and several other areas I don't remember all owe alleigance to the Queen. Her Majesty is still head of the Canadian Parliament, and technically still ruler of Canada (although in practice the Governor General (or Governor-General?) rules on her behalf and pays her some lip-service occasionally.)

To say nothing of historical, cultural and economic ties to Britain which are in some ways a lot stronger than with the USMA.

In political terms, the Queen, like the Lord Chancellor, is a convenient dohick that stops the whole pile of corrupt, greedy, insane, eccentric, money or power-grubbing, ambitious, obsessive/compulsives from collapsing and dragging the UK with it. She restricts the power of the Prime Minister, while Parliament restricts her power, and the Law Lords and the judicial system keep a close watch (in theory) on both of them.
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!

Last edited by Chancellor Valium; 05-12-2007 at 01:49 PM.