View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 06:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to antodav

Yes, an exosite. Sorry, I couldn't think of the word with which to explain myself better.

I agree with you, Gatac, about present tense. I do that later on (in "The Warriors of Starfleet, Part II") and elsewhere in the series much more than I do in Part I. The thing is that most of the episode is spent still introducing Henderson to the audience, and so it's mostly just scenes involving him. In Part II, there are more scenes that focus on more than just one character, and the characters are all roundly developed. Most of the scenes are a lot shorter as well.

In Part I, however, you've got long scenes, such as the briefings, that can't really be broken up logically. I've read Part I so many times that I'm kind of sick of it and I've stopped seeing it as being as good as I always used to think it was. However, I'm not about to change it now. I was irritated enough when I had to change the teaser of the episode in order to fit with continuity (i.e., the intention of the writers of "Endgame" when they were on crack). Originally I think I had something a lot more believable.

I'm not working tomorrow, and all I've got scheduled is a trip to Costco with my mom :roll: . When I'm done with that I'll try to see if I can get "The Warriors of Starfleet, Part II" available for you guys to look at as well.

Antodav