View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 11:15 AM

I was for Kerry. Simple reason, actually. Four years ago I didn't think Bush had what it took to be a good President. And in the past four years, he has confirmed that suspicion.

OK, the US gets attacked by Al Qaeda, and Bush sends troops to kick their asses. All well and good, until he decides "While we're at it, let's invade some place that has absolutely nothing to do with our current terror problem." Sure, (faulty) intelligence suggested he might have WMDs, but if Saddam tried anything at that point, it would be like holding up a sign to the world saying "NUKE ME." He was contained, and a threat to no other nation. Yes, he was an evil man, but war and armed occupation should always be a last resort. In the meanwhile, domestic policy, which should be the most important thing to the leader of a nation, has effectively been run by various hyper-conservative members of his staff. Don't think I'm bashing the right wing here, I'd bitch just as much if a Democrat in office left all his policy decisions to hyper-liberal staffers. Said hyper-conservatives then proceeded to help push such things as the Patriot Act through Congress while holding up Bush's education initiative, which is one of the few things I find good about him. What's Bush's repsonse to this? Absolutely nothing, just goes on playing Napoleon.

And that's the short version.
Watching your brother freak out when he realized he just married his heir to "Remilie de Bourgogne": PRICELESS