View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 02:11 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger
We have people on fiveminute from Argentina? Go team!
We've had Argentinian fans for years now -- who do you think got us that www.sci-fivers.com.ar domain name? (Hi Leandro!)

Quote:
Also, last point (I promise!): Anyone know any good left-wing blogs? I'm looking for something to complement my daily OpinionJournal intake of +5000 words. My theory in life is that all news is biased and the only way to make a good decision is to read the most biased stuff you can find and balance out the extremes, so this is somewhat important.
YouAreDumb is a fun one with a clever concept. And of course Michael "Someone PLEASE shut me up" Moore has a blog....

Interesting posts, guys. As you've probably guessed, I subscribe to the "human life begins at conception" view, and my reasoning is simple: where else do you draw the line? A human doesn't come together like a jigsaw puzzle, where at a certain point you can say this is a complete puzzle, and one piece ago it wasn't. To use a metaphor from my field (math), the development of a human life is a continuous function; there's no jump or break where the fetus suddenly becomes a baby. The only place we can put the marker is at conception, because right there a single, unique organism is formed that didn't exist before.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction