View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:14 PM
whathistitleis

Send a message via MSN to whoiam

I'm thinking a 'more realistic' ship based series... one where your main away party into a hostile, combat situation does not consist entirely of bridge crew, for instance...*-)

Seriously, an academy series is likely to have the same sort of tone as DS9 before the dominion war (you know, lots of politics, little exploration). The major difference is the extra number of teenaged and child characters...

My preference for a new series would be that tri-pronged ship that you saw in one Voyager episode (one of the doc's 'back in the alpha-quadrant' eps) - it looks cool, okay? - sent to explore the gamma quadrant. Give it a cloaking device under the same terms as the Defiant had one, and make the Romulan liason officer an important character (its time the Romulans had one that wasn't Sela). We've seen plenty of Klingons (between Worf and Torres, we've seen more about Klingons then any other species apart from humans), now its time to flesh out another one. Its setting would also allow a Bajoran or Cardassian onto the crew (one of both, just to give us some season one fireworks?), as they are both relatively well fleshed-out species that we could still do to learn more about (and from more points of view then the 4 that DS9 offered us regularly).

I agree with Infinite Improbability - a female Vulcan that isn't as emotional as T'Pol turned out to be would be nice - if only for the fireworks with the Romulan.

So, we'd have a cool new three-part ship, Romulans, Cardassians, Bajorans and Vulcans on the crew as main characters, and a whole new quadrant to explore despite still having access to federation bases...

(mental note: ramble less in future, or at least make some kind of point)

Vote Morphine - the party for Not Crushing Opium!

Yoda, to his ice-cream: The sauce is upon you, and soon, sprinkles must fall!