View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 03:50 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability View Post
As long as the thread is relatively fresh, could someone explain this whole "every Doctor is a different aspect of the same person" thing to me?
It's pretty simple, actually. As a Time Lord, the Doctor has the ability to regenerate into a new body when his current one is irreparably injured. (It's not like transferring into a clone or something -- his old body turns into the new one.) Each body is different, including the subtle biological interactions that affect personality, so while the Doctor is the same guy, his personality is a little different each time.

The writers came up with this as a way to continue the character with a new actor, and it's served them well. Maybe a little too well -- the Doctor has only three regenerations left now. He'd better start eating his Wheaties.

(If I'm wrong about anything here, I'm sure a more hardcore Whovian will correct me.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction