View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
Oddly enough, no rotten fruit heading Burt's way yet. Look back at my long complaint against sections of the 2nd part of the Sontaren arc. Now read my complaints about the Unicorn and the Wasp:

The Doctor really should have concentrated on telling Donna what he needed first, and then mocking her wild guesses afterwards.

Quite an improvement, no?

Going back slightly to the Doctor's Daughter, I have to admit that, again, I felt it was an improvement on the earlier episodes. About the only parts that really grate are the Doctor, who should know intimately just what Jenny's body is capable of, forgetting that she can do things like regenerate or (temporarily) slow (her perception of) time to get past environmental dangers. Considering that he's been declared dead by human doctors before, he should have known better than to rely on Martha's diagnosis.

Anyway, in conclusion: Season's been improving, hope it keeps it up - it'll be throwing something truly exceptional at us through the middle of the season if it does.

(before we go back to the series' Patented Flashy Davies Series End. Complete with Reset Button.)
The only bit of that episode that really impressed me was Tennants "A shared washing-machine, a shared toaster...

...A shared banana pancake."

speech. Utter gibberish, but a brilliantly performed scene.

@Bert: I'm sure Sarah-Jane did it a few times; Tegan's another likely candidate, as are Ianara and Babran.

The Unicorn and the Wasp was just too...obvious, for my tastes.

And why go for such a boring choice as a writer who would like the Doctor? Why not one who'd hate him? It would be so much more fun.

The performances were all right, though nothing fantastic, given the cast.

As for this week's...Definitely preferred Miles' offering. It was so much more engaging, IMO.

@Pointy: He wrote some of the NAs/MAs and created Faction Paradox. I think his most famous books were Christmas On A Rational Planet, Alien Bodies and Interference, which came in two parts.
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!