View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

^^Eh, not quite

Quote:
Proof by logic "If it is on the problem sheet, then it must be true!"
Or something like that . We used a version of that in chem lab today. Had to figure out what was in each of five assigned solutions, but didn't see a jar of one handy for pHing. But since the other four were neutrals and a base, it didn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that the fifth was probably an acid (see Proofs 1 and 7) (ooo, that counts as Proof 16) (and so does that!).

Quote:
Proof by illegibility
:lol: Contrary to popular belief, this is not my standard method for dealing with proof problems. I have considered using it on occasion though.

Quote:
Proof by clever variable choice
Proof by tessellation
Heehee

Now, I have used 30 - 32 and 36 in the past and doubtless will do so in the future.
(What do you mean, can I prove that? Of COURSE I can; you see, I...er...well, by analogy with the past, I just have a gut feeling it's going to continue into the indefinite future :P)

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs