View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 06:59 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]There are a few good ones circulating, which always makes things trickier. Â Personally, I think the best is the one Cat quoted:
[quoteost_uid0]Oracle: Hi, Neo. Watch out for that vase.
Neo: Okay.
(awkward pause)
Oracle: All right, just for that, you're not the One.[/quoteost_uid0]
It's short and the gag is funny. Â I also like the BBCode one... but I don't want to pick the finalists for you. Â Let's do it this way: the vote starts here, and you can vote for any scene posted so far that you didn't write. Â I'll start by voting for the one above.

I think this is in fact how I'll try doing the next couple of blocks. People post versions for a while (maybe a set number of days), then we call a vote and all scenes except your own are valid candidates. The reason for the no-self-votes rule? It's hard for writers to be objective about their own scenes, and let's face it, not everything posted in the FBC threads is gold. If you can't just vote for your own scene, you have to vote based on quality. (And if you decide yours is the only good one, you can always abstain.) This way we know we're getting something that several people have considered and found good. We'll try it here and see how it goes.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction