View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 02:35 AM
You just activated his Trek card

The Fiver

Wesley: The Borg have gone to Warp Sweet Mother Of Mercy That's Fast.

I wonder if Cochrane designated it that.

Borg: Boss? We have no "boss"! We're a collective consciousness -- do we have to spell it for you?
Picard: Well, I just thought that, what with the whole hive metaphor, you might have a queen or something....
Borg: My God, you just keep digging the hole deeper!
Picard: All right, I'm sorry. Let's just drop it.
Borg: "Queen." I can't believe you humans.

I hate the implication that the Borg Queen was always there. Of course, I hate the whole idea of the Borg Queen in general...

Shelby: Oh NO! Do you see what I see, sir?
Riker: You mean the scattered debris of the fleet?
Shelby: Oh, most of that's not such a big deal, but look! They blew up Sisko's ship!
Riker: Ohhhhhhhh shoot. That's gonna bite us in the rear one of these days.

Yes it did!

Crusher: Jean-Luc? Are you in there?
Locutus: Foolish human. Picard no longer exists.

I'm not even a Ghostbusters fan and even I can see the obvious "There is no more Picard, there is only Locutus" joke.

Riker: No, that's okay. Let's just blow up that giant Microsoft metaphor and be done with it.
Wesley: Microsoft? I always thought they were a metaphor for the Japanese. You know, kamikaze missions, cramped spaces....
Troi: You're both reading it completely wrong! They're the Americans, spreading their melting-pot philosophy through overwhelming force.
Riker: I don't care if they represent caterpillars, just self-destruct them!

I've learned enough about the Japanese that I'd vote for them.

Riker: Well, that was good clean fun for everyone. Are you sure you can't stay, Commander Shelby?
Shelby: I just don't think TV's right for me. I'm thinking maybe something in novel form.

The Shelby of New Frontier never really felt like this Shelby. Just my two cents.

Nitpicker's Guide

* If the Borg can go way faster than the Enterprise, how did the Enterprise keep up here. And heavily damaged, no less?
* Once again the Battle Bridge set has changed. I don't have such a problem with this, as if the ship is separated you can assume that the Battle Bridge module would also be swappable.
* Phil has many problems with Riker's status at the end of the episode. I can see his point, but the real-world implications of Frakes leaving the show would have to be considered.
* The door to the bridge bathroom is used twice by mixed couples. Oops.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.