Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 04:53 AM
You just activated his Trek card

So Ashens' channel is fifteen years old now and his second movie came out. Well, his YouTube channel is fourteen and a half years old, but he had some of his early videos on other sites (like Newgrounds) before that.

Going through nine hundred videos to pick out my favorites sounds like an absolute nightmare, so here's just a couple of playlists from his main page:

Terrible Old Games You've Probably Never Heard Of

Growing up British in the '80s means he didn't really experience the third and fourth generation of consoles like Americans did. As he said in one of his videos, why would you buy a cartridge-based system when you can just pirate the cassette-based games and play them on your Amiga? Eventually he stopped making videos in this series and started writing books about them instead.

The Popstation Saga

Cheap LCD game knockoffs housed in plastic shells that look like PSPs and Gameboys is hardly a new phenomenon. The fun comes when you see how technology advances for the knockoffs (still five-ten years behind the rest of the world, but still). Stick around for the hilarious Engrish titles!

Poundland Specials

Dollar stores and pound stores will always be with us. What kind of things can you find within? Are the toys any good? Is the food any good? Probably not.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.