Thread: NaNuPoMo
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

November 8

[kssssh]

I wish she'd stop that. Today's link is to [kssssh] Fitocracy.

HA! Didn't see THAT coming, did ya? I mumbled some gibberish and you staticked that out! Now I've posted my link and there's nothing you can do about it!

For those who haven't heard, Fitocracy is an exercise-tracking system. You can use it to keep a record of anything from heavy workouts to taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Of course, a spiral-bound notebook can do that much, but Fitocracy also has a clever hook: it assigns different point values to each kind of exercise and you accumulate them like XP in a videogame. (I'm level 5 so far, if you're curious.) There are simple suggestions for first-timers, and even "quests" that work like trophies/achievements -- you'll trip over some, while others have to be worked for. Technically the site is in invite-only beta, but this is just to keep spambots out; invite links are posted regularly on their Twitter account, or if you don't want to wait, ask 'em and they'll just give you one.

There. That oughta put her in her [kssssh]

[kssssh]

[KSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction

Last edited by Zeke; 11-10-2011 at 12:05 AM.