View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 02:22 AM
You just activated his Trek card

NURIA: That is my home?
PICARD: Seen from far, far above.
NURIA: Yet we do not fall. I never imagined I would see the clouds from the other side.

We don't have room for the whole conversation, just watch the scene.

TROI: Liko, you don't want to kill me.

"I don't want to kill you." "You want to go home and reevaluate your life." "I want to go home and reevaluate my life." Yeah, the prequels are awful, but there are a few good lines in them...

The Fiver

Data: Apparently the holographic duckblind they are using to observe the natives covertly is about to fail.
Picard: What do we know about the cause of the malfunction?
Data: Only that I had nothing to do with it, sir.

Have I mentioned lately that I prefer Insurrection to First Contact?

Riker: I'd rather go alone on this kind of undercover mission.
Troi: And I want to make sure you don't make first contact with anyone under any covers, if you catch my drift.
Riker: You think I'd do anything like that? Deanna, I'm shocked!

"First Contact" isn't until next season, but since when has that stopped a good joke? The interesting thing is that in the actual show Riker has been a lot more jealous of Deanna's boyfriends than she has been of his girlfriends.

Riker: Ironic, isn't it? Sophisticated humans from a ship called Enterprise rubbing shoulders with a group of primitive Vulcans.
Troi: If Ambassador Soval were still alive today, I bet he'd be spinning in his grave.

Not that it matters, but the Vulcan ship at First Contact was named T'Plana-Hath.

Riker: Dressing a psychologist in a catsuit would be a regrettable case of shrink-wrapping.

This pun is painful.

Riker: You think that providing them with a codified faith will prevent future religious violence?
Barron: It's always worked on Earth, hasn't it?

Yikes, that's dark.

Nuria: (to Picard) You could not save her? You are not all-powerful?
Picard: No. The best we can do is build ships that spend seven years under attack on the far side of the galaxy without ever showing damage from one week to the next.

You mean you don't have to be all-powerful to do that? Everything I know is a lie!

Memory Alpha

* The crew returned to Kirk's Rock for this episode. One wonders if the Overseer was a Metron...

Nitpicker's Guide

* Why is Liko left in the main medical ward? Phil mentions using the holodeck, but I think reliable sedation and and some futuristic blindfold/earplug would do just as well.
* Shouldn't the Mintakans have green blood and be confused at the red blood?
* Picard's Stargazer model has "NCC-7100" on it. The Stargazer's actual registry is NCC-2893. To quote Rick Sternback:
"It's like Camelot, it's only a model. Pretend the NCC-7100 isn't there, and it's exactly like a corporate desk model of, say, an F-22 with generic markings and no specific tail number. Yes, the model represents the USS Stargazer, and if we knew back in early 1987 what the actual reg number would turn out to be, we would have used that. Just keep saying: 'There is no 7100... there is no 7100'."

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.