View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Zeke, I could be wrong, but I think PHJ was just expressing a little frustration at our collective irresolution for this block.

We all know the tremendous amount of work you put into this site, and if our gratitude probably expresses itself too often in the form of good-natured teasing, that's in the nature of sardonic web forums. (And I admit I practice this myself, as indicated in my last post, though again I was aiming not at Zeke but at the lack of verve among my worthy and clever colleagues.) But I don't think anyone has lost sight of the fact that this tremendously entertaining site owes its existence primarily to the hard work you put into it just for your own satisfaction and that of the fans. I'll be the first to say "Thanks."

Let's keep having fun with this FBC. Let's laugh at the submissions, post any last-minute ideas for new or alternate ones and vote today, and let's see what the next block is! Sound good, guys? I for one will come back tonight and help everyone wrap this block up.

I think this Matrix Fiver is a great thing. I was impressed as hell by the completed blocks; it's like a well-crafted fiver by one of our best writers because it reflects a diversity of bright ideas no one writer would have thought of. I can't wait to see the finished product and know I had a hand in it.

And Zeke, I am emailing you a cookie. And I'll share my cookies with the rest of you if we can get this block locked up.

/* Edited for late-night clarity */[/colorost_uid0]