View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 01:44 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default Five-Minute Orville: "Old Wounds"

Welcome to 2023! I have big plans for 5MV this year, so let's get off to a big start with something I've been waiting for the right time to launch: Five-Minute Orville.

It's been one of the great mysteries of my lifetime that with five Trek shows currently airing, Seth freaking MacFarlane, who isn't making one, is somehow making the best one. I have many gripes with The Orville, but its heart is actually in the right place. It managed a downright weird transition from fan tribute in the first season to actual sci-fi in its own right thereafter. And it takes itself seriously enough for fivers to work (though it's sometimes a close call, especially in those early days).

A proper subsite is coming, but for now, here's Five-Minute "Old Wounds". May this New Year's launch bring the show luck for getting renewed this year!

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction