View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium
Default Re: ENT 4x19 "In a Mirror Darkly, Part 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
Okay. 1, I didn't get it. 2, what the hell kind of ending is that? That made no sense whatsoever and was so dumb. I think this was the first time ever in Trek that I stared at the screen and went, "Huh?" at the end.
You sound like a friend of mine who I had over. We had the TV on, and I was like, "hey, want to watch the new Trek?" and she was like, "Trek is fun" and so we watched it. LF's (her screenname initials) reaction:

"Oh, cool new opening credits, I like their...um, those clips don't really fit with...right...well, it kinda better than before...maybe"

"That's bad CGI" (to which I responded that they should have had that cute fluffy dog from TOS with that fake horn on its head, and she agreed)

"So in the MU, everyone is automatically s**ty, evil, mean, and stupid? And logic is illogical?"

"What the...this has nothing to do with the regular universe characters! That's what made the MU eps so great!"

Mind you, LF still laughed and enjoyed it, but still.

I have to say, I agree with the above statements, and I found the episode fun to watch, but still, I have to add, why do they lack clothing material to make proper women's uniforms? :?

The whole episode is missing a context...I mean, maybe they will bring all together in the end or something. But if they were going to have an alien, and they are doing a TOS-era ep, they could have at least used a TOS-era alien, such as a cute little dog sabotaging the ship to get the rottwieler's attention or something. *sigh* It was entertaing, certianly, but lacked what it needed to fit in with the rest of season.

It wasn't really bad or anything, but it certianly wasn't within the "Top 100 Trek Eps From The Last 10 Years" either...
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003