View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
Why are men's and women's bicycles still in different structural styles? I doubt that there are that many women who bike in skirts anymore, and a straight bicycle bar really is stronger structurally, so what's up?
As an (Evil) Dutch Woman, I feel I should respond to this.

Women do, actually, still wear skirts sometimes. Even women like me.
More importantly, it's not necessary. Sure, it might be stronger, but it never breaks either way. At least, not until every other inch of the bike has broken down at least thrice. You're getting a new bike LONG before that ever comes close to looking like it's not in top condition.
Also, I happen to think women's bikes are easier to get on, but that might just be me being used to it.
Then there's the point that, if you borrow a bike from someone, and it's slightly too big for you, it's easier to bike on it if it's a women's bike. Less painful, too, if ever you need to stop suddenly.

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.