View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

Quote:
On a similar note, Reality TV is the second greatest tragedy to ever befall mankind. Whoever came up with the concept should be made to stand trial for crimes against humanity
I'm not a fan of most of the crap on the airwaves either, but I do think "reality TV" often gets a bad rap, being condemned as a genre more unfairly than we would do to a bad sitcom. To quote one of the co-creators of Television Without Pity: "There are good and bad drama series, good and bad sitcoms, and good and bad reality shows, and in the end, smart viewers are going to watch the good shows regardless of what genre they fall into." I take comfort in that, as well as the fact that people all said that sitcoms were dead in the '80s. Enter The Cosby Show, Cheers, and Seinfeld. I think there's hope for television yet. It just might take a while for the networks to realize that while reality TV may get ratings, it's not going to stick around or make them more money in the long run.