View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 09:22 PM
The moron they built to make you an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
PNQ: Have you ever known anyone to make either of these mistakes?
Oh yes. I mostly pity those people that make mistakes of that calibre.

Quote:
PNQ1: Would anyone be interested in a "Nate watches Babylon 5 for the first time in 20 years, seeing if it's really as good as everyone says" thread?
I would, on one condition: relinquish one of the other review things for someone else to do. I would gladly take on TOS or TNG if you wanted to.

Quote:
PNQ2: How do the B5 fans out there feel about the essential episode lists on this page?
The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Quote:
PNQ: Why do some people apply modern technological standards to older products that didn't have said technology available?
There is always that general group that says "newer is better", with varying rates of truth to the matter.

When I was interviewing for one place to be a network admin, one of the things the interviewer told me was that there was this particular person whom thought all backups should be done on CDs or DVDs because they were newer than all other backup media at the time. If you know anything about server data storage, you'll know how false this is: tape backups are still the way to go in any data center environment, as they can withstand a lot more punishment than any other media plus have the advantage of using less room for more storage and being rewriteable.