View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 03:48 AM
The moron they built to make you an idiot

All right, then. IMHO, all or nothing, for three reasons - two personal, one more logical.

First, I'm a little bit of a completionist, which is actually part of the reason why I asked Zeke for a VOY episode to Five first. If you're going to do something, might as well get it all in, right?

Second, B5 is a second love of mine; I preferred B5 more than DS9 when it first aired in the 90s, and I would love to see if it stands up to the test of time. It's not on any streaming service in Canada that I have access to right now, so this would be the second best thing for me.

Third, I know B5 has a list of "essential episodes", but ignoring those "non-essential episodes" is ignoring character development. In those, you see great moral dilemmas, inner workings of the station proper, and character development. Using the first season as an example, the Doctor Franklin vehicle "Believers" comes to light, as that doesn't really contribute to the arc, but is an incredibly good episode... that now that I think of it, was ripped off wholly by one of my favorite Trek novel writers. DAMN YOU PETER DAVID!