View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 06:46 AM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]What was the first play that you watched? I think you missed the name.[/quoteost_uid0]

'twas "Much Ado About Nothing"... again, a wonderful theater. When we drove in, people in Shakespearean dress popped out from behind rocks and signs and guided us to our parking place... The theater itself was this cool thing that stretched out forwards - that is, the audience watched from three sides - and they made good use of the stairs, beams and other surroundings. (The watchmen had this long scene where they kept popping up and down from holes in the floor...)
The adaptation (they always adapt the comedies! [iost_uid0]why do they ALWAYS adapt the comedies?[/iost_uid0]) was to the Sicilian Mafia.. which I guess kind of makes sense, but most importantly (for me) doesn't get in the way of the actual play. (When I watched "Twelfth Night," they adapted it into a disco. The concept of a "Duke of Disco" was rather disturbing, and speaking Elizibithean English while boogying down just overdoes the dissonance thing...)[/colorost_uid0]

--It\'s Walky!, David Willis