Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 08:31 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Tomorrow, August 28th, is the thirtieth anniversary of the premiere of Power Rangers!

The original version of the pilot "The Day of the Dumpster"

Zordon (or "Zoltar", I should say): Teleport to us the most dangerous group of ruthless, underhanded, overbearing, self-absorbed, and emotional humans in the area.
Alpha: No! Not teenagers!
Zordon: Correct.
Alpha: I was afraid of that.

The real pilot

Come to think of it, how many of the original cast really counts has having "attitude", anyway? Just Tommy when he was mind controlled by Rita!

Even after all these years, I still think this is the best version of the theme song.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnbOB7EugI4&t]The anniversary special, "Once and Always"[/URL]

I have mixed feelings about this one. I think I'll stick to the uncontroversial stuff and say that I never liked CG zords. Ever. Part of the charm was the clunky movement of the guys wearing rubber suits and cardboard boxes. The OG Megazord should not move that smoothly. But if they have to do a recreation, they have to do it more faithfully than that. It's shocking when a fan does a better job.

The original movie. Cheesy as all get out and objectively awful, but I still have fond memories of it.

The Turbo movie. I enjoy this one more since it's more faithful to the series.

The Z Wave. One of the key events in the series.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.

Last edited by Nate the Great; 08-27-2023 at 08:33 PM.