View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 07:33 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeah, right. Â

[quoteost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Of course, it's a fairly lousy attempt. But hey, I referenced! [/quoteost_uid0]

Yep, that you did.

You could even build on it like so...

Sentinal: Are you a rebel ship?
Nebuchadnezzar: No, of course not.
Sentinal: How about John Anderson?
Neo: Nope.[/quoteost_uid0]

Ach. It was a [iost_uid0]really[/iost_uid0] lousy attempt, if you thought I just misspelled "Mr. Anderson." The reference was to Anderton from [iost_uid0]Minority Report[/iost_uid0], in the scene where the Spyders search the building for his body heat.

Next time I reference, I will devote greater attention to making it vaguely recognizable. By the third or fourth try, I may be able to add in an element of actual humor as well.

[quoteost_uid0]Sentinel: Good, because my boss would be mad if I blew up the ship containing the traitor who's going to doom the entire rebel organization to annihilation.
Morpheus: Now what did it mean by that, I wonder?
Cypher: Er, heh heh, I'm sure it meant nothing.[/quoteost_uid0]

This could actually be polished quite nicely:

[bost_uid0]Sentinal:[/bost_uid0] Excuse me, sirs, but if you're a rebel ship, I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the vehicle.
[bost_uid0][iost_uid0]Nebuchadnezzar:[/iost_uid0][/bost_uid0] Umm... Nope. Not us. No rebels here. Nu-uh.
[bost_uid0]Sentinal:[/bost_uid0] Riiiiiiiiight. I'm afraid I'm going to have to detonate your vehicle, unless of course you're carrying a traitor who's going to doom the entire rebel organization to annihilation.
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Ummmm...

Just a thought. [/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis