View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ooooh. Very nice ones this time. Yay getting out of endless slumps!

I particularly liked Derek's:

[quoteost_uid0]
[bost_uid0]Agent Smith:[/bost_uid0] If you betray everyone, we'll put you back in the Matrix.
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Make sure I'll be an actor. See if you can't put me in to some summer blockbuster about the nature of reality.
[bost_uid0]Agent Smith:[/bost_uid0] I'll try, but I don't think anyone would buy it.[/quoteost_uid0]

and:

[quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Be careful of Agents. They're cunning, powerful, and they'll try to bribe you to betray all your friends.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] How do you know so much about Agents?
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Uh....[/quoteost_uid0]

NeoMatrix, I also liked this one a lot (slightly polished):

[quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] I'll betray all humanity, but only if you make me an actor.
[bost_uid0]Agent Smith:[/bost_uid0] The last time we programmed someone to be an actor, it didn't quite work out.
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Let me guess. Neo.
[bost_uid0]Agent Smith:[/bost_uid0] Yep, he's the One. [/quoteost_uid0]

(Substituting "Keanu Reeves" for "Neo" in that last one might make it even funnier.)

I also like Sa'ar's:

[quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] I know this isn't really steak, but it tastes like steak, which is good enough for me.
[bost_uid0]Smith:[/bost_uid0] Actually, it doesn't. Â Cows were extinct by the time we got around to programming the Matrix, so we had to use a substitute.
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Which was...?
[bost_uid0]Smith:[/bost_uid0] Tofu. [/quoteost_uid0]

The bit about the steak does stick in one's mind, and hence is prime fiving material... I thought of working with this one a bit, though:

[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] I know this isn't really steak, but it tastes like steak, which is good enough for me. Tell your friends I'll turn traitor for you.
[bost_uid0]Agent Smith:[/bost_uid0] Actually, the computers couldn't figure out what steak tastes like. You're eating prime-grade tofu.
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Oh. Well, in that case, I'll still turn traitor, but I'll get myself killed before finishing the job.
[bost_uid0]Agent Smith:[/bost_uid0] Fair enough.

I also agree with NAHT... definitely the place for the "oh, nothing."

I might go for the following (since I really do like Derek's):

[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Hey, Cypher, what's up?
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Oh, nothing.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] So, any advice you can give me?
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Yeah - be careful of Agents. They're cunning, powerful, and they'll try to bribe you to betray all your friends.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] How do you know so much about Agents?
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Uh....

[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] I know this isn't really steak, but it tastes like steak, which is good enough for me. Tell your friends I'll turn traitor for you.
[bost_uid0]Agent Smith:[/bost_uid0] Actually, the computers couldn't figure out what steak tastes like. You're eating prime-grade tofu.
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Oh. Well, in that case, I'll still turn traitor, but I'll get myself killed before finishing the job.
[bost_uid0]Agent Smith:[/bost_uid0] Fair enough. Anything else?
[bost_uid0]Cypher:[/bost_uid0] Yeah - make me an actor. See if you can't put me in to some summer blockbuster about the nature of reality.
[bost_uid0]Agent Smith:[/bost_uid0] I'll try, but I don't think anyone would buy it.

It's a wee bit clumsy on the joke-melding... but still...[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis