View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Okay, it took me three fricking weeks, but I finally got out to see X2. And man, was it ever worth the wait. I was blown away.

Now, as to some of the stuff that's been raised already in this thread....
[*]Sweet, Jean's not dead? I knew it! However -- Pheonix? Zuh? I only sporadically watched the comics as a kid, and I never read the books. Somebody want to clue me in?
[*]I never thought of Jean herself affecting the systems on the Blackbird, but it makes perfect sense. Remember how she screwed with all the electronics in the museum at the beginning?
[*]I don't think Iceman freezing the water was a valid option. Sure, he probably could have done it before the dam burst, but they didn't have that opportunity -- by the time they actually got out of the base, the dam was already so close to bursting that it would have been suicide for Bobby to go near it. And Storm would have taken too long to do anything. I did expect Jean to just lift the jet, but where's the plot fun in that?
[*]My understanding is, like has already been said, Xavier is a telepath and doesn't have any telekinetic ability. (If he did, would he really need a wheelchair?) Jean's primarily telekinetic but has been developing her telepathic abilities more and more. So there was really very little the Professor could do to help her.
[*]One nitpick I got from previews that I'm glad wasn't an issue: Rogue and Iceman kissing. The first one, where she gets frosty breath, was just darn cool, but I'm glad they didn't sweep Rogue's inability to have physical contact under the rug. That would have been a real shame.

That all being dealt with: WOW. I can't remember ever having seen a sequel this good. (Mind you, X2 will probably only hold this title for me until the release of [iost_uid0]Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban[/iost_uid0] next summer, which will undoubtedly rock. ) The special effects were great, the new characters were added seamlessly, the action was spellbinding, and whenever there was a break in the action we got fantastic character development. I'd go see it again in a heartbeat.[/colorost_uid0]