View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

This seems the best place to post this:

/////\\\\\\\\Spoiler Warnings 'The Impossible Planet'//////\\\\\\\\

I missed it the other day, and only just managed to.....*cough*... get hold of the episode.
I think this was one of the best so far! The effects are first class, and the effort that has gone into making the set is just amazing! Way to go BBC! Nice to see the Licence Fee doing something good!
And the opening was perfect! Nice and shocking, with mystery and tiny bit of humour! Bravo!
This was the first time I watched the Opening credits up close too, and I really do like the 'Tunnel' and the way the TARDIS shoots past. Only thing I would like more, was if they showed the Doctor's face, it would have kept things in order, as most other Doctor's faces have be shown at their starts. But I do like the 'Shriek' bit that is at the start of the Music ala' Tom Bakers theme. Adds some of the old Doctor Who magic for me, and was something I thought would have been scraped.
But even though I loved some of the past 'new' Doctor episodes (The K-9 and Cybermen ones) I think this was fantastic.
Also, if you've seen many other Doctor episodes, I feel this reminds me of one of Tom Bakers episodes...'The Robots of Death'. That was set on a station that was mining, had another type of race onboard too (They were robots though). They also lost the TARDIS, and members of the crew died as well.
I'm thinking (well hoping) that the 'Big Bad' of these episodes might be an old baddie? The Voice of the Devil (?) in this episode is the same as the guy who placed 'Sutek the Destroyer' in The Pyramids of Mars. That would be great. Or, maybe Omega? He’s always popping up from Black holes....?
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------