View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 04:41 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM
Wink Now THIS is a Data joke.

Data: "A monk, a clone, and a Ferengi decide to go bowling together. In the first frame, the Ferengi bowls the ball down the lane and knocks down the 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, and 10 pins. He gets his ball back and knocks the 3, 6, and 7 pins down.

"In the second frame, the Ferengi knocks down the 4 and 10 pins. On his next throw he knocks the 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 pins down.

"In the third frame, the Ferengi knocks down the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 pins. Then he succeeds in knocking down the 9 and 10 pins.

"In the fourth frame, the Ferengi knocks down the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9 pins with his first roll. He then knocks down the 1, 7, and 10 pins.

"In the fifth frame, the Ferengi knocks down--"

Guinan: "Uh, Data, maybe you should skip to the punch line?"

Data: (a bit taken aback) "I could omit the fifth through ninth frames if you would like me to do so. However, I believe that the joke will lose much of its impact."

Guinan: "I'm willing to risk that."

Data: "Very well." (takes a moment to skip ahead) "In the tenth frame the Ferengi's first throw knocked down the 6, 9, and 10 pins. His second throw knocked down the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8 pins. He then began to gyrate and exclaim in a celebratory manner.

"'Why are you behaving in such an excited manner?' the clone inquired.

"'Because all the changed spares I have been picking up have made me richer than I was before the game started!' the Ferengi said!" (grins widely)

Guinan: "Um, okay . . ."

Data: "Would you like me to explain it to you? There is an old Earth expression, 'spare change', that refers to--"

Guinan: "Uh, no, that's fine, I think I almost got it. Tell me, Data, what was the point of including the monk in the joke?"

Data: "My research indicates that, in jokes involving 3 individuals who enter a place simultaneously, it is often traditional for at least one of them to have a religious profession. I suspect that this may enhance the humor of the joke. Did it enhance the humor of this joke for you?"

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs