Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 03:47 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Courtesy of Facebook: A photo of Sean Astin with a stack of movies that he's starred in.

I get that most people these days know him from Goonies or Lord of the Rings or Stranger Things, but I remember him best from the Disney made-for-TV movie The BRAT Patrol. You can watch it on YouTube. I have fond memories of the Wonderful World of Disney, my parents taped most of the '80s entries.

And if you're wondering, it was released on VHS, so it could be in the stack. I can only find UK copies online, but I have seen rental store copies of the other Disney TV movies of the era, so I'm sure there's a US version also. I still have my VCR copy.

I do recommend The BRAT Patrol. It's a typical gang of misfits vs the smug organized club movie. Sean Astin plays your typical Zach Morris/Ferris Bueller type who can talk his way out of trouble, but he does it well. Stay tuned for the Brian Keith cameo.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.

Last edited by Nate the Great; 08-05-2021 at 03:54 PM.