Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 01:20 AM
You just activated his Trek card

MetalBallStudios does videos on many categories of fictional things, so here are some more that involve Star Trek things:

Fictional Buildings (Millennium Gate)
I'm surprised that this guy remembered the Millennium Gate.

Fictional Planets (Romulus, Vulcan, Qo'noS)
FYI: We have no other name for Romulus for some reason. At least its sister planet could be Remus or Romii. Vulcan of course is also known as 40 Eridani A (you see that name a lot in the pre-TNG novels). I will never call the planet Ni'Var. Qo'nos has the alternate spelling of Q'onos, and some weirdos call the place Kling.

Star Trek Starships
I don't like the mixing up of starship classes and names in this one. We don't even have proof that there was a USS Miranda or USS Soyuz. Furthermore, while the TOS Romulan Bird of Prey never had it's class named on screen, the expanded universe called it Vas Hatham class or T'liss class. Plus there is no "Constitution II" class, only Constitution class refit or Enterprise class. And what is the Andromeda Ascendent doing in a Star Trek video? At least they had the V'ger cloud at correct scale for being 82 AU, even if that was ridiculously big compared to the Enterprise (or the solar system itself).

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.