View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

Actually, ROTS made me realize a few things. I don't care that the dialogue is terrible. (Well, actually, I do, but it doesn't sink the film for me.) I have previously decried Hayden's merits as actor. But you know what? I don't particularly care anymore. I've accepted that. I also went in knowing that there will be ludicrousness. So? It's a sci-fi fairytale. Of course the dark hero turns around. Why beat around the bushes? Amidala dying from grief wasn't the best idea, sure, but what else could they have done? Emotions have always played a big part in SW. Within the context of that story, I can understand that her sadness ultimately killed her.

Yet, there's so many good things I hardly hear anyone mention. The music kicks ass. There's tons of other little things - the "Longing stare into the horizon" thing between Amidala and Anakin, the music, the sheer terror in Anakin's expression as the Vader mask lowers over his face...you know, despite its faults, I'm just not cynical enough to decry this movie. One might even be tempted to go the Kevin Smith route and say "It's not for the critics."

Gatac
- d02 Quotes