Thread: V for Vendetta
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
My understanding is that Moore's political target with this story, insofar as he had one, was Margaret Thatcher.
It was more, I felt, generally anti-Establishment than it was anti-Thatcherite. The early Hellblazer stories did however have very much an anti-Thatcher bent to them, and of course as an interesting aside John Constantine originally apeared as a character in Moore's Swamp Thing. (Forget the film though, that was so much crap - Keanu Reeves as John Constantine? What the hell were they thinking?)

I shall look forward to seeing it very much, but as to when I cannot say - it took an age before I managed to see Batman Begins (eugh, and how I wish I hadn't), and being off the beaten track up here somewhat it's possible that it may never even be screened. I certainly doubt it'll still be in cinemas by the time I get back down to Stoke, anyhow, which is a pity because I'd really rather like to see it in one.
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants