View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 03:25 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Rewatching "The Most Toys"...

PNQ1: Why would Worf be promoted to Chief of Operations to replace Data?

It's a matter of training. Being COO requires science training that is on a completely different career track than tactical officers. I can understand either Data or Worf being transferred to Command to be first officer (take that, Eddington!), but being shunted into each others' jobs is just weird.

PNQ2: Why were Data and Kim called COO when they're really the Science Officer and O'Brien called COO when he's really the Engineering Officer?

I can sort of understand operations=engineering, but operations=science is just baffling.

Memory Alpha seems to treat "Operations" as a catchall for the goldshirt divisions-engineering, security, and tactical. This troubles me. So is the COO supposed to be an intermediate liason between the goldshirt senior officers and the first officer? What's the point?

PNQ3: Who else assumes that O'Brien was named Chief of Operations just so people could still call him "chief"?

It's not like "chief" is his rank or anything--oh, wait!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.