View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 03:42 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Really, Zeke, my comment wasn't aimed at you (or indeed anybody) and was certainly not in any way intended to provoke the reaction that it regrettably did. What scooter said -

[quoteost_uid0]Zeke, I could be wrong, but I think PHJ was just expressing a little frustration at our collective irresolution for this block. [/quoteost_uid0]

- pretty much sums up why I wrote what I did. Specifically I sais it because (if you look at the dates) my post was three days after the last one, and I had assumed (perhaps foolishly) that the lack of activity meant that people had finished voting and were now ready to move onto the next block. I was under the impression from previous posts that you had made that you [iost_uid0]were[/iost_uid0] going to be stricter in enforcing the 'three-days-then-vote' structure for the FBC, but obviosuly I misinterpreted that rather badly, and for that I appologise.

[quoteost_uid0]I'm sorry to rant, Jedi, but I'm as frustrated about FBC as you are, and more, because everyone just chalks it up to my slowness.[/quoteost_uid0]

*[iost_uid0]Scratches head[/iost_uid0]*

Zeke, as for as I can recall, the only time anyone has said you were slow in regard to FBC is when the majority [iost_uid0]have[/iost_uid0] come to a concensus but there has been a delay in the new block being put up, for which there is always a reasonable explanation. I don't think anyone has ever said that you are directly responsible for the general slowness of this process - in fact you've done more than anyone to try and speed it up. Â No-one here is even remotely that stupid or illogical to suggest such a thing.

[quoteost_uid0]I put a [iost_uid0]lot[/iost_uid0] of work into this site. Â When I miss deadlines, it's not for lack of trying. [/quoteost_uid0]

And there isn't a person here that doesn't already know this. There's no need to go on the defensive because there is nothing to defend. Real Life is incredibly pesky at times, but there's not a damn thing you cna do about it (short of constructing a BTL machine).

[quoteost_uid0]I can deal with the flack for missing fiver deadlines, because at least I've earned that (although the reason is rarely as simple as "I just put it off").[/quoteost_uid0]

Again, we know. Plus, if you [iost_uid0]were[/iost_uid0] to speed up with prcessing the fiver submissions, we'd have to come up with new titles for you and Kira, and frankly that just doesn't bear thinking about.

So, apologies again for the misunderstandings. And remember, we all respect and appreciate what you've done with 5MV (no, really we do ) and what you continue to do with it.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants