View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 05:18 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Schroedinger's Kittens and the Search for Reality by John Gribbin is a very interesting, if (hopefully!) dated read. The author eventually suggests that every electron ever in existence is constantly communicating with every other electron throughout spacetime, past, present, and future, and that this explains some paradox(es) or another. Wacky stuff.

OTOH, apparently they were still perplexed by quantum entanglement or whatever back when the book was written.

There was a paper a few months back, unfortunately densely written, by some guy named...Peter Lyons?...who claimed to have very compelling arguments that time is continuous and cannot be divided up into indivisible segments the way matter can (maybe?). The arguments aren't entirely airtight, but after sludging through the paper four or five times I think they're pretty good points. But I had been leaning toward the "continuous" model of time anyway...

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs