View Single Post
Old 07-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="catalina_marina"][quoteost_uid0]I'll overlook the fact that that's in Fahrenheit, and just be insanely jealous instead.[/quoteost_uid0]
You can be jealous about 99 degrees, if it were really 99 degrees, you wouldn't [iost_uid0]be[/iost_uid0].

[quoteost_uid0]He's just jealous because Fahrenheit is actually more precise, per digit, than Celsius.[/quoteost_uid0]
But it's easier to convert Celsius to Kelvin than it is to convert Fahrenheit to Kelvin, so we win. [/quoteost_uid0]
:lol:

I could make up a pair of temperature scales based on Fahrenheit that merely involved setting a different zero, and then Fahrenheit would be better on that score. :smile: Let's see, there can be the [bost_uid0]Marina[/bost_uid0], with its zero at the freezing point (putting 180 at the boiling point and making it blindingly obvious that Fahrenheit [iost_uid0]is[/iost_uid0] more precise than Celsius, plus the conversion to Celsius and back is easier), and the [bost_uid0]Saxamaphone[/bost_uid0], in which zero is set at "absolute zero" (simplifying the conversion to Kelvin and back).[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs